Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Secret Worth Keeping by Lakisha Johnson

Shelby is a career woman turned housewife who enjoys the friendships that have been built with her 5 best friends; Camille, Lynesha, Raylin, Kerri and Chloe. They are all career women with different businesses or careers, husbands and even children but something is missing, something they can’t find at home, in a store or even in a book. So, they search for this missing piece in the beds, arms, cars, offices and even in storage rooms of other men who don’t mind paying for what Dem Dam Divas can offer. They enjoy the thrill of sneaking, creeping and even vacationing on someone else’s dime but what happens when it all becomes too much? From being found guilty with no evidence, secretly wanting someone who doesn’t want you, loving only to not be loved back, caught up in a dream that you’re about to be awaken from; will it be worth it in the end? Will their secret lives be revealed and will it become too much to handle? Will they regret their actions or stand by them? Will they finally question whether this secret is really worth keeping?


Get to know Lakisha: 

1. Who is Lakisha Johnson? 

 I am a 36 year old young lady, who is married with 2 children. I am the product of a large crazy family and I was born and raised in Memphis, TN. I am always on the go but I find time to write and read, which are 2 hobbies I love.

2. What made you want to become an author?

 Writing or becoming an author isn’t something I set out to do but it is something that I’ve now found, I am destined to do. Writing is a passion and a gift that God has blessed me with and because of that it has become something greater than I could have ever imagined which is why I can now call myself an author.

3. Is this your first book and do you see yourself writing anymore?

 No, this isn’t my first book but it is my first published book. My first book is a self-published book that is entitled, “Doses of Devotion” and it’s simply a book of encouragement. Yes, I do see myself writing many more books because this is only the beginning for me.

 4. Why did you choose to write a fiction after a devotional? 

It was actually a spur of the moment thing. I was sitting at home one night looking at some recent pictures from a sleepover with my sisters and aunt and this idea popped in my head. So, I grabbed my computer and began writing and it was fairly easy because I took some of the personality traits from my sisters, aunt and friends and the words just begin to flow.

5. Why did you choose the name, “A Secret Worth Keeping?” 

 I chose this title because everyone is always eager to hear a secret. I know it may be hard to believe but if you want to grab anyone’s attention; call, text or email them and tell them you have a secret to share and they will drop everything to hear it.

 6. Is this book based on real life events? 

 No, everything that is in this book is my imagination. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am sure there are a lot of women who can relate, who have probably been in one of these situations or know someone who has but no, this isn’t based on real life.

 7. What do you want your readers to get out of this book?

 That a secret can bring complete chaos in any situation so choose your secrets or even the secrets you want to keep wisely because at any given time, they can blow up in your face.

Find the author:

Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ASWKeeping 
Twitter – https://twitter.com/_lakishajohnson
Instagram – http://instagram.com/_lakishajohnson 
Author Site – http://authorlakishajohnson.wordpress.com/ 
Email address – authorlakisha@gmail.com


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today


br> Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!