Thursday, February 04, 2021

Have You Read - Never Close Your Heart by Monica F. Anderson?

 

 


All Faith Henry wanted was peace. She gave up almost everything to have it. She resigned from her position as mayor, filed for divorce, and sold her dream home, vowing no job or man would ever control her again. Ten years later, her self-made perfect life is changing directions without her consent. Her popular podcast is bringing unwanted attention from a superfan. Her millennial daughter, Sloane, has returned to the nest with an electronic ankle monitor, a gender-fluid child, a meek husband, and a bad attitude. And, worst of all, her almost perfect manfriend is fed up. Since she won’t marry him, he’s moving on. They’ve become good friends who never cross the line. She hates that line more than anything. 

 

Out of ideas, Faith drags her daughter to group counseling with the seasoned Saints at their church. Can their collective wisdom help this mother and daughter tear down the walls and open their hearts before it’s too late?

 


 

EXCERPT:

 

NEVER CLOSE YOUR HEART

 

“So why are you here, Gina?” Sloane demanded. “You know I never wanted you here. None of us did.”

 

“I’m here because, despite your suspicions and our history, you’ve been kind like real Christians should be. And,” she turned to May Bell seated behind her, “I believe you were right about things happening for a reason. I needed these lessons more than Sloane. I don’t think someone could have befriended me if they wanted to, because I had put up so many walls.”

 

“Being vulnerable is necessary for being loved,” May Bell explained.

 

“Thank you, Gina.”

 

Faith removed the legal pad from her lap and put it in her purse.

 

“Unbelievable,” she muttered. She was preparing to leave.

 

May Bell said, “And that right there is your problem, my friend. Unforgiveness.”

 

In thirty years, Faith had not been angry with May Bell -- until she said that.

 

“Excuse me.”

 

“Did I stutter?” May Bell said. “Do you really think this counseling is only about Sloane? This is family counseling. Preston didn’t make your daughter like this by himself. You had a hand in it, too.”

 

Faith was fuming. Is she calling me on the carpet in front of er’body in behind this Gina woman? Oh, I am so leaving this church. I should’ve left after the divorce.

 

“Faith, all of you, listen to me. When two become one, they multiply.

 

Everything that occurs after that, addition, subtraction, or division goes back to the source.” She walked over to Faith. “Yes ma’am, I am calling you out, because you are a big girl and I know you can handle pressure. What I don’t know is whether you realize you haven’t forgiven Gina for what Preston did. You’ve heard Rev. Leroy preach about F-F-M numerous times. What does that stand for?”

 

As much as she longed to, Faith couldn’t ignore May Bell. “Forgive, forget, move on.”

 

“What we usually do is move on without forgiving, and most certainly without forgetting. I would not be doing my duty as your friend or First Lady if I ignored the bad example you are setting for Sloane.”

 

Faith looked around, expecting judgment from the Counsel. What she saw were looks of recognition and understanding. Even Sloane seemed to be listening empathetically. This heifer done made me part of the lesson, it dawned on Faith. Oh my, she’s good and she’s right. I’ve been carrying this resentment against Gina for a decade. I forgave Preston, but not the other woman.

 

Download Your Copy - https://bit.ly/SormagNCYH


Do you need help with your promoting? - http://bit.ly/SORMAGADS20

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!